Limited fishing shall be organised in the water bodies of the Nemunas Delta Regional Park, except for the Nemunas Fore Delta Nature Reserve, the Krokų lankos Botanical – Zoological Reserve, the Curonian Lagoon between the Atmata and Skirvytė rivers within 1 km from the shore, and the Kniaupas Bay (TAR, 2014-06-04, 2014-06206).
MEASURES AND CONDITIONS FOR REGULATING LIMITED ACCESS FISHERIES
Fishing is allowed all year round, in accordance with the requirements of the Amateur Fishing Regulations. Angler cards are issued for a day, a week (7 days) or a month (30 days).
A maximum of 7 kg of fish of a total weight shall be taken in any one fishery.
From 20 April. until 20 May all caught bream must be released back into the water body immediately.
The right to fish for recreational purposes is acquired by paying a contribution towards the recovery and conservation of fish stocks.
The fee levels are as follows: for the right to fish recreationally in public fishery water bodies for which no fishing area permits have been issued and where limited access fisheries are organised:
– per day – 2,50 €
– per week – 8,00 €
– month – 14,00 €
You can buy permits for limited access fishing (L10) through the electronic services of the Environmental Permit Issuance System (ALIS) for natural and legal persons : http://alis.am.lt/
Those who do not have access to electronic banking can buy the necessary amateur fishing permit at any Tiketa ticket office.
You can also buy permits at the Olifée (Perlas/Teleloto) terminals, permit code: 10 10 82.
In all state fishery water bodies where no permits for the use of the fishing area have been issued and amateur fishing is not prohibited under the legislation regulating amateur fishing (hereinafter referred to as “unleased water bodies”), the following persons shall be entitled to fish free of charge with a document confirming this at the fishing site:
- persons under 16 years of age – a document establishing their identity;
- state social insurance pensioners – a pensioner’s certificate;
- disabled persons – a disability certificate.
The right to fish free of charge in the water bodies of the Nemunas Delta Regional Park is granted to natural persons declaring their place of residence in the Rusnė municipality who have a certificate of their declared place of residence at the fishing site.
Information from http: //www.nemunodelta.lt/16994/informacija-lankytojams/limituota-zvejyba.html
FISHING OPPORTUNITIES IN THE ŠILUTĖ DISTRICT
The Pamarys and the delta have always been known as a fishermen’s area – fish are plentiful, but commercial fishing is regulated and restricted in many of the park’s water bodies. Recreational fishing is allowed in accordance with the rules on recreational fishing.
They can be found at: http://www.am.lt/VI/index.php#a/6433
Annual fishing tickets for fishing in public water bodies can be purchased:
- Klaipėda Regional Environmental Protection Department, GGAI Šilutė Branch: Tulpių g. 10, Šilutė. Tel. 8 441 53942, 8 441 52205.
- Šilutės Hunting and Fishing Society at Uosto g. 11, Šilutė. Tel. 844151861
- Association “Pamario Delta”, address: 61 – 2a Lietuvininkų str., Room 2, Šilutė. Tel 860033032.
- Z. Gaidelis company petrol station at K. Donelaičio g. 11, Rusnė, Šilutės r. Tel. 8 441 58318.
- Children under 16, pensioners and disabled persons do not need a permit for recreational fishing.
- Fishing tackle shop “Fauna” at Lietuvininkų g. 16A, Šilutė. Tel. 8 441 76790.
- Fishing tackle shop “Romada” at Senojo turgaus a. 7, Šilutė. Tel. 8441 75039, 8612 44323.
- Fishing and Zoo Corner at Lietuvininkų g. 43, Šilutė. Tel. 8699 37391.
Authorised fishing gear means all gear designed for the attraction and capture of fish, the principal element of which is a fishing hook or hooks, as well as minnows or scoops for catching crayfish, scoops for bait or for removing fish from the water, and underwater fishing gear. A recreational fisherman may use no more than 4 recreational fishing gears at any one time in inland water bodies. The total number of hooks used at any one time shall not exceed 6, except for ice fishing for sturgeon where the total number of hooks may be 12. A double or treble hook shall be considered as one.
The permitted fishing methods are fishing with natural or artificial lures to attract fish, as well as the taking of crayfish with pole and line, the taking of fish for bait and the taking of fish and mosquito larvae with a single bait net with a diameter of not more than 1 metre and a mesh of not more than 10 mm. No more than 30 fishermen shall be allowed to catch per fishery units of juveniles of crucian carp, chub, perch and other species of fish other than predatory fish. Fishing with a fishing rod is one of the oldest human activities. The most popular fishing methods can be identified. Fishing with float, bottom, fly and spinning rods. These are complemented by vertical fishing techniques that have no separate name, such as velke fishing, oatmeal fishing, ice shining, etc. The common species caught by ice fishing are perch, chub, bream, bream, pike, pikeperch, sturgeon, sturgeon and roach.
– No fishing from 1 January until 20 April using bait fish in all reservoirs in the Republic of Lithuania.
– It is prohibited to fish for year-round chub, lamprey and their lampreys, and to fish for salmon, salmonids, bream and lamprey year-round without a licence issued in accordance with the established procedures, as well as for gillnets as from 20 April. until 20 June in all reservoirs in the Republic of Lithuania.
It is forbidden to fish:
- pike from 1 February until 20 April,
- sterkus from 1 March until 20 May,
- from 1 April until 15 May,
- as from 1 March until 15 May,
- speckled trout and whitefish from 1 October until 31 December,
- violets from 15 December until 15 January
- salmon and salmon fishing is closed from 16 October. until 31 December
- hawks from 15 May Until 15 June In all reservoirs in the Republic of Lithuania.
- In the Nemunas Delta Regional Park, fishing for crucian carp is prohibited from 20 April. until 20 May
It is forbidden to catch fish smaller than the following sizes:
catfish – 75 cm, salmon – 65 cm, bream – 65 cm, salmonids – 52 cm, hake – 47 cm, bream – 49 cm (in the Curonian Lagoon), bream – 40 cm (in the other waters), sturgeon – 46 cm, pike – 45 cm, tench – 25 cm, tench – 25 cm, gills – 28 cm, gurnards – 29 cm, breams – 25 cm, minnows – 28 cm, speckled trout – 30 cm., 30 cm for carp, 10 cm for broad and narrow-bodied crayfish. Fish and crayfish caught that are smaller than this, as well as fish that are prohibited from being caught, must be immediately released back into the same body of water. Fish shall be measured from the beginning of the snout to the end of the caudal fin. crayfish from the tip of the head to the end of the outstretched caudal plate.
The daily catches of 1 salmon (Baltic Sea), sea bream (Baltic Sea) or catfish, up to 3 units of speckled trout, eels, salmonids, herring, gurnard or sea bream, up to 5 units of sea bream, sturgeon, whitefish, whitefish, pike are allowed, shad, minnows, halibut (the total number of fish referred to in this point may not exceed 5 units), 15 units of cod and no more than 50 units of crayfish (except for the rays and tagged crayfish, which shall not be limited in number or size). The total weight of fish caught per day other than the authorised catches referred to in this point shall not exceed 5 kg, in the Curonian Lagoon it shall not exceed 7 kg, and in the Baltic Sea it shall not exceed 15 kg, not including the weight of the last fish caught, unless the weight of a single fish is greater than the limit laid down in this point. Catches do not include fish that are immediately released back into the water body when caught alive.
Amateur fishing is organised in all water bodies of the Nemunas Delta Regional Park, except for the following:
– In the Nemunas Foreland Delta Nature Reserve.
– In the botanical-zoological reserves of Krokų lankos and Kniaupas Bay.
A single licence for a day, a week or 1 month can be purchased at the Klaipėda Regional Environmental Protection Department, GGAI Šilutė Branch, Tulpių g. 10, Šilutė. Tel. 8 441 53942, 8 441 52205. Payment must be made by bank transfer.
Fishing shall be permitted with a net scoop up to 1 m in diameter, with a maximum porosity of 12 mm, in the lifting method. Fishing time – from 1 March until 30 April Catch limit 15 kg. Fishing licences A single licence is issued for a day or a week.
Rivers and fishing areas:
– Minija from the mouth of the Tenenio to Atmata;
– Atmata from Skirvite to Uostadvaris lighthouse;
– Highland from Atmata to the first bridge;
– The hillside from Skirvytė to the boundary of the Nemunas fore-delta reserve on the Rusnaitė River;
– Skirvytė from 1, 2, 3 reinforced concrete quays;
– Nemunas (Rusnė) Old river near Galzdoni Island.
Salmon and whitebait
Fishing with artificial bait is allowed from sunrise to sunset. Fishing in fish passageways (special facilities for fish to migrate through dams) and within 100 metres of the weirs (dams) is prohibited.
Fishing time – from 1 January until 1 October The licence is issued for 1 day or 1 month (30 days). The licence entitles you to catch 1 smelt or 1 salmon.
Rivers and fishing areas:
– Minija from the mouth of the Tenenio to Atmata;
– Skirvytė from Atmata to Vytinė;
– The whole river is back;
– Nemunas (Rusnė) from Gilia to Atmata.
Fishing is permitted with a net up to 1 m in diameter or with 5 poles. Mesh size up to 10 mm. Fishing time – from 1 April until 30 April and from 1 June until 31 December A single licence is issued for one day, entitling the holder to catch 50 pieces of fish. river lamprey. A holder of a free fishing right is allowed to catch 10 pieces of common dolphinfish per fishing trip. river lamprey.
Water bodies and fishing grounds:
– Minija from the mouth of the Tenenio to Atmata;
– Nemunas (Rusnė) from Šilininkai to Šakūnėliai village;
– The Curonian Lagoon from the port of Šturm to Cape Ventė.
In the territory of the Nemunas Delta Regional Park. Please respect these rules!
- Camping (pitching tents) and building fires only in designated areas marked with information signs;
- Only drive vehicles on roads and park in designated parking areas or on the side of the road within 25 m of a body of water;
- Swim in the park’s water bodies using small craft in accordance with the procedure for the use of small craft approved by the Minister of the Environment;
- Do not destroy or damage trees, shrubs, forest understorey or soil;
- Do not make noise, frighten birds and animals or destroy anthills;
- Do not litter, pollute water bodies and coastlines;
- Do not damage signs, notices and recreational facilities;
- Do not allow dogs to run freely without a muzzle;
- If you observe any serious environmental violations, please report them to the police at tel. 112; Environmental Inspectorate Tel. (8-441) 53942;
- Comply with the lawful requirements of authorised officials of the environmental authorities and not interfere with their environmental control functions.
WHO’S FISHING WHERE…
Perch – bites at all times of the year in the Minia River, the Minija River, the Curonian Lagoon, the Skirvyte River (from Atmata to Vytinis), the Pakalnė River (within the limits of the town of Rusnė), the Atmata River.
Karosas in summer (July and August) and autumn (September and October). In the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas Delta.
Carp in summer (July and August) and autumn (September and October). In the Curonian Lagoon.
Bream in summer (July and August) and autumn (September) in the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas Delta.
Kuoja – all winter, spring (March), all summer and autumn in the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas delta.
Pike – winter (December and January), spring (May), all summer and autumn in the Nemunas Delta.
Lynx throughout spring, summer (August) and autumn (September and October). In the Nemunas Delta.
Plaki in spring (April), summer (July and August) and autumn (September and October). In the Nemunas Delta.
The roach is present in winter (February), spring (March and April), all summer and autumn in the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas delta.
Salatis are present throughout the summer and autumn in the Curonian Lagoon, the Nemunas Delta and the Minia.
Sterk – all summer and autumn (September and October). In the Curonian Lagoon, the Nemunas Delta and the Minia.
Catfish – in spring (May), summer (July and August), and all autumn in the Curonian Lagoon, Rusnė, Skirvytė, Šakutė eddies.
The heron is present in winter (January and February), summer (July and August) and throughout autumn in the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas Delta.
Eel – spring (May), all summer, autumn (September and October). In the Curonian Lagoon and the Nemunas Delta.
The sunrise is in spring (April), summer (July and August) and autumn (August). In Minia.
The kingfisher in spring (March), summer (July and August) and autumn (September). In the Curonian Lagoon, the Nemunas Delta and the Minia.
Salmon in spring (March and April). In the Curonian Lagoon.
Have a great time in nature!